ANIM321-Creative Development for Animation-Senior Animation Project Proposal Draft-part 1

So here's a draft of my project proposal, I will add more in future posts:
-Working Title- "Sun Showers"
-Summary--A 2-3 mins animated short called "Sun Showers" about a fox demon's life as a human's bride.
-Log Line-"What started out as a prank, eventually evolves into something more".
-Description-This animated short is about the sweet life of the newlywed fox-demon wife and human husband. The story incorporates a few Japanese ideas including the shrine setting, demons and the "kitsune no yomeiri" or "fox's wedding" story and the the idea that a fox's wedding occurs during "sun showers", showers that happen on a sunny day.
-Character Dynamics-*will be posted on separate post*
-Context and Influences-The idea of my film originated from the influences that Japanese culture has had on me. I've always been interested in folktales and stories of myth, which has led to my decision to include Japanese influences in my film. Another interest is the idea of half human, half animal creatures. The majority of the fox characters will be these half human, half animal creatures. My story doesn't relate to any personal problems or people I know, but the storyline is a bit cliche in most parts. Most influences are from the Japanese comics and cartoons that I watch.
Visual Treatment-This animation will be animated and coloured in TVPaint, other programs that might be used include Photoshop, Paint Tool SAI and After Effects. The visual treatment for my story hasn't really been researched enough quite yet. For the colouring process, I plan on using a simple slightly painterly colouring method. Nothing overly complicated or too elaborate, I will take it as far as I can with the skill level of digital colouring I have. There won't be anything out of the ordinary regarding lines and shapes, everything will look as close to the actual object as possible, but perhaps with a slight cartoon-y feel to it. ex. a bush will look like a bush.
Visual Research and Support Materials-The visual research for this animation hasn't been researched enough yet. There are currently only some Japanese shrine settings and traditional clothing references found to help with setting and character designs. *images will be posted on separate post*
Sound Treatment-Again, the sound treatment hasn't been researched enough quite yet. I know I want music with a Japanese/Asian influence, to fit with the setting. I will try to find people to help with voice recording for the characters. For music and some sounds, I will try to find some people who are musically talented to help me composing something to go with the animation. If this fails, I will look for a composer. Because my main character is a trickster fox character, I want the voice to be light and playful and sound like someone around the ages of 18-25 yrs old and gradually become more mature,(26-40yrs old) yet still maintain the initial characteristics of a fox character. As for the main male character, I hope to be able to find a male voice that sounds gentle, patient that is mid-tone. Not to high/low. Because the rest of the characters are minor characters, voices that fit the age/feel of the character will be used.
Production Schedule-*will be on separate post*
Budget-There isn't an exact amount for the budget planned out yet. I plan on leaving enough money, perhaps ~$2000-$2500, for a new laptop/computer and other electronics should I find that I'm in need of them. I will need to do research on a reasonable amount to pay for certain things such as a composer if I choose to use one but I feel that ~$500-$700 will be enough and can be negotiated and adjusted accordingly. For posters/cds/name cards etc I will leave ~$200-$300.

-Possible electronics costs-
$ 2500.00
-Money for possible composer-
700.00
-Advertising-
300.00
TOTAL-
---------------

$ 3500.00

Agreements-Any agreements that are necessary will be posted/included on this blog or in the animation.

0 comments:

Post a Comment